7.25.2008

Frickin frackin Friday

Hello, everyone in the real world who actually keeps track of what day of the week it is. Or even what month it is. Did you know it's a Friday today? Or that it's July? In 2008? Well, it is. I had to check my calendar this morning to figure that out. (This is when my sister would say, "You bitch" as she slaves away at her desk job.)

I have a big dilemma. I'm going to a friend's wedding and I haven't seen her more than once after I left my job 3-1/2 years ago. She's an amazing person, but I know absolutely nothing about her home life anymore. Well, except that she's apparently still heterosexual, has a dog, and she's tall and thin as ever... that bitch.

I need a present. A good one. (I don't like to settle.) So here's what I'm thinking.

I'm going to write her a letter - a really honest one that tells her exactly what I think of her and that I will never forget her.

It might sound cheesy, but one of my favorite gifts was from my aunt Janeen who wrote a poem for Mike and I when we found out we were having triplets. And one of the funniest parts of my high school graduation party was the "conversation log" my mom and aunts kept as the topics became drunker and drunker (is "drunker" a word?) - I still laugh when I read about my adult relatives licking spilt beer (is "spilt" a word?) off the table.

Unfortunately, I can't even keep track of what month it is, let alone what kind of china someone wants for a wedding gift. So she's getting a really thoughtful letter from someone who admires her.

Oh yeah, and money. I'm not completely cheap.

1 comment:

Michele S said...

This will work wonderfully, as long as you tuck a hundred dollar bill there. Oh, yeah, BABY!