I was going to title this one They call her The Streak because of my constantly naked children. I take the time to put pajamas on them just to have them naked when they wake up. Unfortunately, since the time of deciding what to write, my day has drastically changed.
I'd tell you what I was doing while my kids were causing all of the following trouble, but you wouldn't believe me, so let's just say they were terribly undersupervised.
By 9:00 this morning, Kristin had managed to pee on the couch, pee on the floor outside the bathroom, and pee on the rug in her room. She's apparently half canine and needs to mark her territory. I knew it was her on the last two spots because she told me she peed there with pride. I could guess the couch was her handiwork as well because the girls always sit in the same order. Instead of Alison-Emma-Kristin this morning, I walked into the livingroom to Alison-Emma-PeeSpot.
When I thought the girls were playing nicely in their room later on, it turns out they had gotten into our Halloween candy. When I walked in, Alison had a cup full of half-eaten suckers, Kristin had chewed every piece of bubblegum and spit it out halphazardly throughout the room, and Emma was trying to peel bits of toilet paper from her sticky fingers. I found squished Almond Joys (sorry Auntie Stephie!) hidden under stuffed animals. I found gobs of sticky wrappers crammed into hiding spots - aka their play kitchen.
Just when I figured it couldn't get much worse, I walked into their bathroom... their truckstop-smelling, sock-stickying, toilet paper-covered bathroom. One of the girls decided to take a crap right on top a pile of urine-soaked toilet paper in the toilet. Do you think it would flush? Oh, noooooo. Mind you, our toilets never get plugged, even with all the monster shits that Mike has taken, and through the times that I swear I've crapped a midget. In fact, we don't even own a plunger, and we've lived here for 3-1/2 years.
Can you see what my day is going to be like? I've already plucked the gum from the carpet - that was the easy part. Now I need to put on a glove, stick my hand in the toilet, and fish for a winner.
So do you understand why naked children are the least of my worries?
7 comments:
If I send you a drink on facebook, will that ease the pain a little?
My tubes are retying themselves. Good luck and God bless!
Bless your heart! I have twins and I do remember some doozy days for sure. It is those suddenly it is too quiet moments that really get us moms of multiples!
If it helps any, this stage does eventually pass. For us, age 2 was the worst and I was fearful of age 3 because mother other MOM friends kept telling me 3 year olds were the most awful - fortunately for us - 3 got better - 4 was really alot better and now my twins are nearly 9 years old.
You WILL get through this, and though it isn't even a bit funny now - it is good that you are blogging about it - as you will have lots of good material when they are older. Just imagine if you told their boyfriends....
Feeling your pain!
Jamie
Casey-I'd love a drink! If I could figure out a way to make it magically appear in real life, it'd be even better! ;)
I wish this had been the end to my worst day, but it's not. My girls laid down for a nap, and I snuck out the door for a quick chat with my neighbor. By the time I returned, the girls had "awoken" (they were never asleep, apparently), and they took all the food out of my fridge and cupboards, cracked the eggs onto my livingroom carpet, and ate half of Mike's fudge. After cleaning up the mess, it's hard to believe they did all that in the short time I was out the door!!!
I swear they're trying to kill me! Thank god I've got a good sense of humor and already crappy carpeting :)
AGH! So are you saying this is what I have to look forward to! Wow...here's to you bloggy friend!
Oh my hell....
Your day was even worse than Greg's and I thought his day was miserable.
But did they stab anything with scissors?
Hang in there Loren. Tomorrow has to be better, right?
When she visited Kayla decided to fill my toilet with toilet paper too, I went outside and got a stick to dig it out with! Why must children turn into evil psychopaths at the most inopportune times?
Post a Comment