I wish I could say I haven't been writing as much because I'm so incredibly busy on fascinating adventures.
I wish that was true, but it's not.
I'm having some kind of writer's block. Or creativity block. Or, more accurately, motivation block. I am so lazy and boring right now.
I realized this while talking to my sister about the girls and school, and I told her my latest, most "hilarious" story about Kristin going to the school nurse.
The nurse called me: Kristin got hit in the face and has a bit of a red bump under her eye. She's okay. I gave her a cold pack for it and sent her on her way, but she came back half an hour later asking, "Can you call my mom?" So I asked her, "Are you okay? Do you need to go home?" and Kristin said, "No, could you just call my mom and tell her about my eye?" and walked back to her classroom.
This story has been told at least five (or six, now) times since Friday afternoon.
Exciting lives we lead.
Oh, and Mike called me a bad word today and I would like to tattle on him.
I pulled on his sweatshirt and he looked at me like he was amused and horrified. That's MY shirt. And now you've tainted it. You're just one big taint.
(Long pause.... followed by giggles.) His potty mouth was completely unintentional.
Here's the link in case you're over the age of 10 and don't know why that was funny.
Let's see. What other random crap has happened lately?
Under my sister's orders, I'm reading a chick book surely to be followed by the watching of a chick flick. Eat Love Pray. Or as Mike refers to it: Eat Digest Shit Repeat. So I guess he won't be coming to the movie then?
And maybe that's why I have writer's block? My sister sent a bunch of texts to me - I accused her of being drunk - saying that I need to read that book because it's exactly the type of book she could see me writing about my own life. Then I get way too critical of everything I write and I avoid the computer at all costs.
Didn't Oprah say something about women under 30 writing memoirs as something of a joke?
Which makes me wonder what other horrors are waiting for me on the other side of this decade.
2 comments:
Never read the book, but saw Eat, Pray, Love in the theater. Was expecting to have a big epiphany or something, but it just made me angry. As much as we would all love to do what she did, most of us can't afford to leave our crappy jobs or shitty husbands and have to deal with real life. Beautiful scenery though.
I had heard that about the movie... that it misses the little things that makes the book funny and meaningful. That sucks. I'm only 1/3 of the way through and I keep finding myself laughing at little things (usually her translations) and relating to some of her a-ha moments (that we feel the need to justify taking a break from work and when we DO vacation, we GO places and DO things instead of enjoying the "beauty of doing nothing").
I didn't think I'd like this book, but I find myself wanting to pick it up every couple minutes to read just a few more pages. Maybe I won't see the movie after all if it's not good... or I'll do what we always do - wait 'til DVD. LOL Like we need anymore.
Post a Comment