1.22.2010

Clean sweep

I'm not sure what to say today except that we have way too much stuff in this house. We have become the vault where everything goes to A) be shredded by 5-year-olds, or 2) live in our junk cupboard.

Did no one hear me say I wanted drywall for Christmas and birthday last year?

Mike is (smartly) staying far away from me as I de-crap our house. I think he's afraid he might end up on the wrong side of a tote alongside the other things I haven't used in years. (This is what happens when you don't put out, Mike.)

If we lived a little further into podunk, I could have a bonfire and burn it all instead of packing it neatly into totes to be delivered to Goodwill or stored for this Spring's garage sales. Ingrate? Yes. I don't care. I spend every day in the hunched position scooping things off the floor only to find them in another spot on the floor minutes later.

Our kids have too many books, too much clothes, too much PLASTIC EVERYTHING.

I don't know if I can wait until Spring to get rid of it. I might have to hold a sale inside my house.

If it moves independently, like the cat or kids, you can't have it. Anything else is fair game.

PS - I'm running on a bad night's sleep after yet another fun dream... if a child ends up in a tote, it was purely accidental. I swear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you thought of switching to de-caf? you seem a little worked up... maybe if you went to church or even prayed once in a while things wouldn't seem so bad.
maybe you can ship your excess to Haiti, I hear they are having problems.
KEL

loren said...

It's the caffeine that keeps me alive. I'm part human, part Pepsi shareholder.