Dear Alison -
You are quite a little package. Some days, you drive me absolutely crazy. Usually you do it with a smile on your face... that isn't-this-fun? look.
Your attitude is one of constant amusement and happiness. I guess that makes it even more difficult to stay mad when you pull one of your little stunts, like smearing frosting all over your body or painting the cabinets, furniture and carpeting in red nail polish. I know you're not doing it to be naughty. You are just so fascinated and find joy in everything. Is it possible to have a happier child?
You are very dramatic. I find you looking in the mirror, not talking to yourself, but watching yourself talk. You sing and dance and twirl in circles. You are a powerful little force in a tiny body. It would be a shame if you ever lost that spark.
Difficult, yes. Fun? Always. Even when I'm pulling my hair out.
Dear Emma -
You are so sensitive. I'm not sure when and how this developed or if you were born that way. It doesn't seem intentional... you're just unsure of everything. It's who you are. You hide your face from strangers. You cry a sad little howl if someone takes a toy from you. You pout and plead if your sisters don't make room for you on the couch.
That makes your laugh that much more amazing. While you are shy and sensitive, you are completely wild and giddy when you play with your sisters. I'll hear you playing in your room, and you'll laugh until you can hardly breathe. You have an incredibly vivid imagination and ability to tell stories. It's fascinating to see all the things your mind cooks up (literally and figuratively).
You don't show excitement about much, but you love school and music. From the moment I pick you up to several hours later, you chatter on about what you did all morning. It's so funny to see that twinkle in your eyes and hear your happy little voice when you're normally so quiet. You love singing and playing guitar - the real one and the fake Guitar Hero one - and I catch you playing on the piano and singing at the top of your lungs.
You have that sweet and innocent thing going for you... for now. I have a feeling you'll have boys wrapped around your little finger.
Dear Kristin -
You are a lunatic. Let's face it. If anyone's gonna turn out to be a genius, a class clown, or the next unabomber, it's you. I can tell just from looking at you that your mind is constantly racing with new and amazing ideas. You have always been able to play by yourself for hours while keeping completely entertained. If I had three of you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself all day.
When you decide to play with your sisters, you make them laugh until they're in tears. Emma depended on you to break through that shell of uncertainty, and you two are almost unstoppable when you get going on a crazed laughfest.
You are the first to notice everything, and you don't stop until everyone knows there's something to see.
You are a fool for your daddy, and you would trade everything in the world for a ride on his shoulders.
Even when your logic isn't sound (it's night time because it's dark out because daddy went to bed) you amaze me every day.
Love, Mommy
2 comments:
Beautiful and Sweet!
Shannon
what a great post! your girls will love reading that when they are older!
Post a Comment