2.10.2009

She's a conman, man

I am so angry right now.

Besides some familial issues (which we will just leave to the imagination), I watched the TV interview with the octuplet mom.

I will repost what I posted elsewhere online:

I honestly think they need to bring down the dosage on her happy pills.

To her, everything is just one big blessing. And a half-truth.

(It's not "getting your lips done," it's having a suction cup stapled to your pie hole. She claims that, even though we are not blind and can see her before and after pictures, she did not have her lips worked on. That's just one of many half-truths, but by far the most glaring and sadly hilarious.)

No one is saying to her what needs to be said: you played a gamble with children's lives by knowingly implanting 6 embryos, not just once, but over 8 times!!! She had to know that at some point she would end up with trips, quads, quints or higher. Just like at some point while playing Russian roulette, someone's gonna get the bullet. Oh, but she claims to know the statistic is something like .00000001%. Way to pull that one out of your butt!

She is a LIAR and is DELUDED.

And if I see her PET those kids one more time I'm gonna SCREAM!!! Preemies that small do NOT LIKE TO BE STROKED. They like pressure and containment, but their skin is too sensitive to handle that kind of movement. Did you see the smallest baby squirm and open his mouth when she petted him??? To him, it feels like sandpaper on a wound. They aren't PETS. They are PEOPLE.

Mike and I were both pretty livid about it, and Mike eventually left the room.

She seems to think that because she can hug her kids and love them, that that's a good enough reason to keep having them, even though she admits to having no income and living off her student loans. She says she has never been on welfare. While that's true, she forgets to mention that the $400/month in food stamps she's receiving is from the government. She says that's okay because it's need based. She claims that people are picking on her because she's a single mom. No. People pick on her because she already had a ton of kids who she was not able to support or care for on her own. She is unemployed. If a married couple did the same thing, I'd still be pissed.

And she keeps saying, "I'll be able to afford them once I'm done with school." Then why the hell didn't she wait until after she finished school to have more babies? Or at the very least, use some common sense over the last dozen IVF treatments and limit the number of transfered embryos to 2 or 3?

I wish I could say I feel better, but I'm still pissed. This woman should be locked up.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

I don't have kids yet and haven't been around a premie before, but it looked so awful to watch her pet her kids (you definitely coined that right!). She's collecting them like the crazy cat lady that lives down the block. I couldn't believe the insane things that were coming out of that woman's mouth. She's bat-sh*t crazy!

Stacey said...

Oh...a friend of mine who works at a newspaper said that news came out that she is collecting SSI for 3 of her 6 older kids because they have some sort of disability (apparently one is autistic, but I'm not sure if that's one of the 3 she's collecting SSI for).

But it's ok, things will be better once she has her degree, right?

Anonymous said...

I haven't been following this story at all... over here it only was a small news item during half a day. What I don't understand is how she can afford to have all these IVF treatments if she has no income/money? Over here IVF's are so expensive that most people have to sell their houses to be able to have one... let alone 7 or 8 or how ever many she's had.
And no Dr in his right mind would have allowed her to have so many as well. She already has 6 kids, is a single mom with no income...

Anyways, don't you think she's getting money somehow from all these talk shows? It may not be cash, but I'm pretty sure she'll get something out of it.

Momma said...

My thoughts exactly. I mentioned the same thing about her petting the kids to DH last night - my girls were born at 28 wks and we were told to HOLD a hand on their heads or HOLD their fingers b/c anything more than that could overstimulate them & stress them out.

Casey's trio said...

I watched the interview too and agree with everything you said. Just curious when she thinks she's gonna have time to go to school. Stacey got it SO right...bat-shit crazy!

Anonymous said...

So I opted not to even watch the crazy lady interview because I didn't want to ruin our brand new week old tv by listening to her fugly mug speak. Someone has some sort of pshychological disorder going on that needs to get checked out. And that doctor needs to be dis-barred for even thinking about IVF-ing her overworked uterus. Not to mention the comparison they are making to her and Angelina Jolie. Now I hate Angelina as much as the next person, but no one deserves that kind of torture.

Triplets+3=Crazy said...

I have not watched any of the interviews. I have enough BS in my life, so the fact that I can't reach throught the TV & smack the S#!t out of her will only send me over the edge!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

well said loren, well said! i thought the same thing about her rubbing those poor little things...i was yelling at my computer saying that doesn't feel comforting to them, stop it you crazy lady! (ok, i didn't actually say lady, i said something more along the lines of witch...with a b instead of the w)

Anonymous said...

...did you see that she named one of the octuplets Malea...dang it!!

Mrs. M said...

I can't even watch any of the interviews. I can't change the channel fast enough. She's insane, her doctor is insane, and those poor kids are screwed.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking bets on how long it takes for CPS to step in.