7.15.2008

Three midgets and a monkey

I will start this post by saying that two children pooped on the toilet tonight. One pooped because she had to, and the other pooped out of jealousy of the former's reward (a rainbow sticker). Hurrah.

This last weekend was my nephew Elliott's third birthday party. Thank goodness because I was needing another excuse to put the girls in their $18 Easter dresses that they wore for a whole ten minutes last April.

I think the girls were more pumped about the presents than Elliott was (which works nicely for me since I can test drive presents before buying them).

He was such a happy little turd.

And the girls were being good considering all the sugar Stephie pumped into their systems - see picture below. As soon as I saw what Stephie was giving the girls I said, "I saw those at Wal-Mart and before I could get the words out of my mouth, Mike said, 'No way are you getting them those gigantic lollipops.'" Then Stephie laughed and I laughed hysterically.

All hell broke loose when Jeff, Elliott's dad, brought out his present to the little man: a John Deere tractor with tag-a-long. He refused to get off that thing to open the rest of his presents. Enter birthday drama. Stephie finally asked if she could open his presents or if my feelings would be hurt. Since we all know how sensitive I am, I said, "I couldn't care less." So mom and dad have about five or six pictures of Stephie really excited to open markers and coloring paper.

Look how happy he is on that contraption! Such a boy. Then there were my girls playing with the plastic food, practicing up on their future careers as housewives to some guys who pay their bills. Like mother like daughters.

Here's a cute video of the girls licking their first gigantic lollipops ever (watch for my mom being completely oblivious of anyone else taking pictures as her big white butt crawls in the background):

2 comments:

Casey's trio said...

My girls are only pooping on the potty if we catch them in the early push-it-out stages.
So I have to admit I would have been a total party popper with those gigantic suckers....my girls would have that thing stuck in their hair and on their pretty Easter dresses in no time!!

Anonymous said...

They look like Katie & Suri with their cute bobs :)