Has anyone else noticed a huge trend in themed parties?
Every stinkin get-together has to be themed, even down to the napkins and food served. Does your kid like SpongeBob? Why not do what my sister did and turn her house into a SpongeBob paradise, giant painted foam cutouts and all? Don't forget the pineapple house! The only problem was that Steph never got around to attaching SpongeBob's second arm, and by the end of the party, the first arm fell off. So technically it was a SpongeBob SquarePants Amputee party.
Have you ever been to a party where the hostess asked everyone to bring some sort of dip? I have. I find those especially amusing. Are we going to be judging the dips for entertainment? Maybe the hostess is secretly writing an article on dip quality for HG Magazine.
And now with all the sex toy parties... egads. I swear I have so many tubes of lube and battery operated toys that if the world would go into nuclear winter, I'd have enough batteries to light up a city and enough tubes of gel I could eat for a year. (Or be super smooth and slippery, whichever is more important at that point. Hell, if you're gonna die, you may as well have fun in the process. Can anyone say KY wrestling?)
Weddings arealways usually in a theme of love, so why not let the mailman enjoy some of the happiness? Did you know that people are creating their own postage with the bride and groom's pictures on it? It gets stamped over! What do they not understand about that? "Look at this cute picture of Sue with... some guy, who looks like Rollie Fingers. Oh wait, it's Todd. There's just a HUGE BLACK INK MARK ACROSS HIS FACE."
Every stinkin get-together has to be themed, even down to the napkins and food served. Does your kid like SpongeBob? Why not do what my sister did and turn her house into a SpongeBob paradise, giant painted foam cutouts and all? Don't forget the pineapple house! The only problem was that Steph never got around to attaching SpongeBob's second arm, and by the end of the party, the first arm fell off. So technically it was a SpongeBob SquarePants Amputee party.
Have you ever been to a party where the hostess asked everyone to bring some sort of dip? I have. I find those especially amusing. Are we going to be judging the dips for entertainment? Maybe the hostess is secretly writing an article on dip quality for HG Magazine.
And now with all the sex toy parties... egads. I swear I have so many tubes of lube and battery operated toys that if the world would go into nuclear winter, I'd have enough batteries to light up a city and enough tubes of gel I could eat for a year. (Or be super smooth and slippery, whichever is more important at that point. Hell, if you're gonna die, you may as well have fun in the process. Can anyone say KY wrestling?)
Weddings are
When people come up with a theme for a party, they go all out. I am not immune to this urge. When we planned my parents' 30th wedding anniversary party in 2006, we did a disco theme. Even parties we plan without a theme are tagged with one by the end of the night. Example: my sister's 30th birthday party. Can you guess what the theme was?
You're close if you said "stripper poles." The Budweiser bus we rented had two of them. And then there was the gay bar and the dance floor with all the strange people sitting there, just staring at us as we danced (or better yet, the strange people watching through the windows):
I love that picture... what move was that exactly? I guess the theme of this party would be "Awkward Dance Party." What happened to the days of calling your friends up with a simple: "Party at my house." The only theme that mattered was Beer, or BYO Beer.
6 comments:
Your sister knows how to party---HA:) Was that you working the pole in the yellow shirt?!?!? I am not so much into the themed parties, but I'm sure I'll get sucked into it when I have 3 girls hanging on me begging for princesses or something.
I am utterly confused as to how children get some of these obsessions about cartoon characters. I never have princess stuff, and yet they know about princesses. They RARELY watch SpongeBob at my parents' house and they LOVE SpongeBob. So I hear ya. In a few years, it's gonna be aweful.
I was not the one in yellow. I was the one nursing bruises behind the camera lens from trying to climb up and swing around the pole. :)
Having met Steph, I imagine she can swing a mean pole. It is all in the attitude isn't it?
And I must say, I have NEVER heard of a sex toy party. It must be due to the sheltered life I lead after 30.
Looking forward to the I AM DONE WITH COLLEGE party! My last class is done 4/11/08 @ 4pm and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!
HA!!! I bet she looooves you for posting those! LOL!! Love it!
So you just read my mind. Twice. My daughters turn 4 soon, and they've been talking about Dora, as in for the party (which will consist of them, their brother and a couple of neighbor kids). I guess it could be worse. Oh, and I just heard that song on the radio and embarrassed myself by rocking out and screaming, "Paaaaaaar-taaaaaaay!" to no one in particular ... in my minivan. Lovely.
So...I shouldn't invite you to Ty's themed b-day party?? haha Just kidding ~ I'm going to try and avoid those as long as I can! Actually, we are just going to have a small quiet party w/just family this year since it's still RSV season. Can't believe he's going to be 1, what a year it's been. BTW ~ his surgery was successful, he's just still really crabby - thank god for pain meds. And tonight I have to soak him in a bath & remove the dressing...and figure out how to change his diaper with a constantly leaking catheter for the next two weeks!! I will have to call you and tell you a funny story that happened while we are the hospital.
Post a Comment